Working closely with Professor Stephen Porder and Postdoctoral Researcher Radika Bhaskar, the Lab created two purpose-built interactive online modules for this large introductory environmental science course. Both modules use data visualizations, powered by real paleocliamte and agricultural data, to help students develop data literacy and to provide hands-on opportunities for guided exploration of critical topics in contemporary environmental science.
- Researchers and other topical experts
- Instructional designer(s)
- Programmers, Web developers, and information designers
What work is involved?
- Identifying high-priority topics and learning objectives
- Storyboarding interactive module components
- Researching data sources and preparing data
- Web programming and design
How much time do you need?
Two to six months